Monday 1 November 2010

Guest Writer: Being Team Leader

You may have noticed from the title that I am in fact a guest writer to this blog which has gained quite a following in the past few weeks and no doubt my mum will be reading this in which case Hi Mum! Let me introduce myself first, I'm Mahen Tampoe and I've studied Project Management and even wrote a few essays on it. Dan would be writing this but unfortunately he was taken into the police station for questioning regarding being mugged last week. I joke of course, he's busy shooting a scene with David Tennant and Billie Piper or so I've been told. In a barn for some reason.

Before I get to my point, Dan wanted me to tell you that he is Team Leader for the work in Design. And while it's not got to the point where much work has to be done, it is a bit of a hassle trying to work out the team contract when only half the team bother to turn up for a scheduled meeting (although one had a legitimate excuse). In the industry if only half the team bothered to turn up for making a Barbie Princess game then no doubt it may turn out into a zombie fest.

If the situation that Dan's team is currently under in that half of them can't be arsed then the project may drift and (excuse me if I quote myself here) 'the tendency is to strengthen the controls taking away more of the team's freedom to carry out corrective action and thereby further undermine their confidence and morale'. Sometimes to get back on track it means that some people have to do twice the workload in half the time. I'm just grateful that the group behind this blog - Ryan, Liam and Dan - are dedicated to informing you, the loyal followers, of their experiences in Project Management even if it involves stories that are often not related in any way, shape or form. Thank you for reading. As I believe is the standard I must leave you with a funny picture.

Barbie the Zombie Princess or something.


Mahen
Only joking, it's Dan. But Mahen is real, check the latest reading for Project Management. And why the hell is Banana Bot beating Colonel Tasche in the poll?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Alan,
    I don't know how to use the internet so I don't even know if you're going to receive this email but something must be done about Erik's behavior. I've heard that he is poking people on Facebook which is simply unacceptable and I've heard about this thing he's doing with a YouTube. I don't even want to know what that is. Anyway I shall catch up with you later in the week, right now I'm trying to read a blog by these 3 amazing young people and they have a guest writer who is Mahen Tampoe. Do you remember him from Project Management back in the 90s?
    Love you,
    Linda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative writing, Dan/Mahen:-) Would be cool if your Mum says hello on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Yuwei
    I'll have to tell my mum about the blog first but I'm sure she'd love to say hi to everyone.

    @Linda
    Thanks for following us but it seems you wrote your email in the comment box for this blog rather than in your email client. As for Erik - poking people on Facebook is socially acceptable and not harmless, YouTube is a video sharing site.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete