Wednesday 27 October 2010

Art Attack!!!

The dream job I would like is obviously to be a game designer, I’ve always played and loved games all my life and to actually see how they get designed and what process it involves would be pretty cool. From what I’ve seen on TV and also read about, it seems that the environment in a game studio seems to be a fun place to work and everyone gets on well with each other.

The specific job I want in the games industry so far is to do something with creation, I like creating things and seeing how I can improve on it and see what happens if I included this or that.  In CVG we do Arts & Graphics where we have to create our own environment by drawing it out to give ourselves an idea; then create it on 3ds Max.
I am not a big fan of programming, I can do it but I don’t really want to go down the route as a programmer like the rest of my fellow classmates. For the time being, I am leaning towards a character designer or a level designer. I would like to design something and see it in a game and I also think designing would keep you interested and awake then programming.

From what I’ve seen advertised on games studios websites, you do need to have many skills as possible and also need a basic knowledge of programming. For the time being I am just building on my skills and see where it takes me.
       "Dont worry, i'm not insane! Isn't that right talking statue"
Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment